5+ residents or level 3 residents: You are mandated to take the 80-Hour Assisted Living Managers Course 10.07.14.16 (A) (B).
- You must have 2 years of experience in a health related field.
- 4 or fewer residents and no level 3 residents.
- You can take 40 Hours of initial trainings as required by COMAR 10.07.14.19 (B) (6).(2)
- Assisted living managers and alternate managers are required to have Med-Tech training.
- This course is taught by a Delegating Nurse. The training is 20 hours in length and your license is issued by the Maryland Board of Nursing and good for 2 years.
- LPNs, RNs, LNP or doctors are exempt. It is also not required if you have a Med-Tech license that is current.